[stunnel-users] SNI with protocol=proxy ?

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Thu Mar 29 21:08:18 CEST 2012

Marek Majkowski wrote:
> If I may add my two cents, it's absolutely fine to just assume
> that `connect` can't be used in slave services. By doing otherwise
> you risk that stunnel may become another haproxy.

I don't think stunnel could ever compete with haproxy, as it's a
transparent (protocol agnostic) proxy, while haproxy is a dedicated
http proxy.

On the other hand for some basic scenarios it might be better to use
stunnel instead of haproxy even for http.  I don't mind it.

In fact I implemented server-mode SNI mostly for "connect" option.  8-)

Greetings from Warsaw,