[stunnel-users] Can this be done by Stunnel

Alan C. Bonnici chribonn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:50:59 CET 2012

Hi,

I am new to STunnel. I am trying to connect to a service provided by
nexmo.com.

If from a browser I type the following:

https://rest.nexmo.com/sms/xml?username=xxxxxxx
<https://rest.nexmo.com/sms/xml?username=xxxxxxx&password=xxxxx&from=xxxxxxx
&to=xxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx>
&password=xxxxx&from=xxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

The process works.

I just installed stunnel and have the following config file

; Debugging stuff (may useful for troubleshooting)

;debug = 7

;output = stunnel.log

; Certificate/key is needed in server mode and optional in client mode

cert = stunnel.pem

;key = stunnel.pem

; Disable support for insecure SSLv2 protocol

options = NO_SSLv2

[nexmo]

client = yes

accept =  9012

connect = rest.nexmo.com:443

TIMEOUTclose = 0

When I type

http://127.0.0.1:9012/sms/xml?
username=xxxxxxx&password=xxxxx&from=xxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

it does not.

Can anyone please confirm whether what I am trying to do is doable and maybe
highlight what I am doing wrong.

Regards,

Alan