[stunnel-users] need suggestion on this issue?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:32:05 CET 2012

On 2012-03-15, Dewen Kong <kongdewen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now I am working on this issue trying to encrypt the communication
> between  terminals and our back of house computer. I am trying to solve
> this problem with stunnel.
> If the terminal is  'smart' like computer, it will be no issue. implement
> the stunnel on both end.
> But it come to be a problem there is some dumb terminal, No way to set up
> stunnel in its side.  I not sure stunnel can works here any more.
> if not, is there any other methods that may work?

Put a serial device server next to the terminal, plug the terminal
into the device server, plug the device server into the network. Then
use an SSL connection to the device server.

Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! An air of FRENCH FRIES
                                  at               permeates my nostrils!!