[stunnel-users] certificate authentications

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 21 17:55:31 CET 2012

Jose,

Outstanding reply!  This was even better than I hoped for.  Your cautionary advice about the correct OpenSSL version was especially helpful to the effective outcome, as sure enough the OpenSSL that I have installed currently is the newest release but the most current Windows binary of Stunnel has one that is older, and the difference in them corresponds exactly to that which you noted, namely, as .9x and 1.0x hash changes.  I will be sure to use the same OpenSSL that came alone with Stunnel instead of the standalone version.

I do have one question now related to the retrieval of certs in Stunnel. It looks like there is a context menu with a right-click option to import a certificate, using the tray icon.  I was wondering how that would work as compared to the manual method you described?  When I look at the option it appears to be grayed out, but it may be that I have not selected it at the appropriate time.  Muchas gracias.

John