[stunnel-users] ver 4.5 VS 4.2: running single process now, how to close when all client apps closed?

larisa_y larisaka at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 18:06:49 CET 2012

Michal Trojnara wrote:

> larisa_y wrote:
>> The problem I cannot solve easily is how not to leave stunnel
>> running after
>> client logged out of all the applications.
>
> Why exactly you need "not to leave stunnel running"?
> http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal
>
> Mike

Oh, I probably phrased it incorrectly. I do not really need to shut down all
of the stunnel, but I want to "unchannel" ports I connected. In 4.2 version
I could just kill that one instance.

1. I do not want to leave a port rerouted to a previously connected server,
especially after application is closed and there is no visual indication for
the user that something is going on. My app was the one who opened it, so I
guess it is basically a clean-up.
2.I do not see a way to reuse this port to connect to another server/port
unless I stop/start stunnel.

Or maybe I should ask another question: is there a way to reload .conf file
while stunnel is running? I see a menu item, but can I do it
programmatically?
Thank you for your help.