[stunnel-users] Stunnel performance about multiple session

Yuqiong Sun sunyuqiong1988 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 21:52:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am using stunnel as an encrypted channel between one server and multiple
clients. Each client will transfer a very small piece of data every 20
seconds. Therefore I want to compare the tradeoff between maintaining
multiple sessions with tearing down and re-establish connection every time.

I read the performance table in stunnel doc and got a brief idea, but I
hope to evaluate the performance for my specific hardware and software
setup to make a better decision.

I guess my question is how to measure the Max. concurrent sessions? Should
I start multiple stunnel instances on client side?

Also, how can I tear down a connection automatically after each time data
transfer?

Thanks

Yuqiong