[stunnel-users] MySQL through stunnel - fails after many days

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:23:50 CEST 2012

here is the subject of my post :

[Stunnel Guru needed] stunnel running, but no longer serve connection after
a while ("Dispatching signals from the signal pipe" in logs ==> all stops)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 18:23, Thomas Manson <dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'm somewhat the same symptoms on my side for http request.
>   Can you check my post to see if it's related  ? (behvior, logs etc...)
> Regards,
> Thomas.
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 17:30, Whit Blauvelt <whit at transpect.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a Nagios plugin using an stunnel connection to a MySQL server
>> across
>> the LAN for frequent queries, where each one opens a fresh connection.
>> Checking ulimit on both ends shows "unlimited" (I've found old discussions
>> about that being a possible factor). There's nothing I've found in the
>> logs
>> to show where it's going wrong. It's just that after days of running fine,
>> suddenly the queries start failing to connect through. Restarting stunnel
>> on
>> both ends immediately resolves the problem. I suppose I can just restart
>> stunnel on both ends once a day from cron and be okay. But I'd rather
>> find a
>> real fix, if anyone recognizes what this would be and can point me to one.
>> Thanks,
>> Whit
>> _______________________________________________
>> stunnel-users mailing list
>> stunnel-users at stunnel.org
>> http://stunnel.mirt.net/mailman/listinfo/stunnel-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.stunnel.org/pipermail/stunnel-users/attachments/20120404/d5c5416a/attachment.html>

More information about the stunnel-users mailing list