[stunnel-users] MySQL through stunnel - fails after many days

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Tue Apr 3 17:30:14 CEST 2012


I have a Nagios plugin using an stunnel connection to a MySQL server across
the LAN for frequent queries, where each one opens a fresh connection.
Checking ulimit on both ends shows "unlimited" (I've found old discussions
about that being a possible factor). There's nothing I've found in the logs
to show where it's going wrong. It's just that after days of running fine,
suddenly the queries start failing to connect through. Restarting stunnel on
both ends immediately resolves the problem. I suppose I can just restart
stunnel on both ends once a day from cron and be okay. But I'd rather find a
real fix, if anyone recognizes what this would be and can point me to one.


More information about the stunnel-users mailing list