[stunnel-users] FD_MAX question

Eckert, Doug Doug.Eckert at dowjones.com
Wed Oct 26 19:54:05 CEST 2011

Thanks Brian, but no.  It's a limit within the prototypes.h file.

Sure, it can be modified and recompiled from source.  We just can't deviate from the delivered RPMs on the distro, and it may take a while for modifications to be backported and mainlined in RHEL.

Actually, I see in v4.44 MAX_FD (sorry, I had it reversed) is set to 256.  Apparently that value hasn't made it all the way through to RHEL as yet.  Just may have to be patient, although a conf file override would be nice.

--Doug