[stunnel-users] Certificate request popup when clicking on MS Office links in a stunnel HTTPS redirect to Domino HTTP server?

Josiah Fizer jfizer at vintara.com
Fri Mar 25 23:22:29 CET 2011

We have a Lotus Domino server hosting some Microsoft Office documents. For
improved security, I started using stunnel to redirect pacts from the HTTP
servers via HTTPS. Everything works perfectly, however when a user clicks a
document link they are prompted for login credentials or a certificate. This
would seem to be because MS Office is trying to open the remote document in
edit mode rather then downloading it locally or opening it in read mode.
I've tried a number of stunnel configuration options but nothing seems to
work. At current I am using the following simple configuration. Any insight
into the issue would be appreciated.

cert = stunnel.pem

socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1