[stunnel-users] Problem with SNI "Specified option name is not valid here"

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Mon Jul 25 15:16:10 CEST 2011

Hi Elodie,

AFAIR SNI is supported in OpenSSL 1.0.0 and later. I will confirm it and I will update the manual page if needed.

Wysłane z Androida za pomocą K-9 Mail. Prosze wybaczyć lakoniczność.

Elodie BOSSIER <elodieuse at gmail.com> wrote:

I try to use SNI with stunnel with following this help :

but i have this erreor :
Line 90: "sni = virtual:elodie.franceserv.com": Specified option name is
not valid here

My config :
stunnel 4.40 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu platform
Compiled/running with OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010

A part of my config file :
accept = 443
cert = /etc/ssl-fsh/cert-www.franceserv.com.pem
key = /etc/ssl-fsh/key-franceserv.key
connect = www.franceserv.fr:80
; notice that "sni" option is used instead of "accept"
sni = virtual:elodie.franceserv.com
cert = /etc/ssl-fsh/cert-elodie.franceserv.com.pem
key = /etc/ssl-fsh/key-franceserv.key
connect = elodie.franceserv.com:80
; notice that "sni" option is used instead of "accept"
sni = virtual:befun.franceserv.com
cert = /etc/ssl-fsh/cert-befun.franceserv.com.pem
key = /etc/ssl-fsh/key-franceserv.key
connect = befun.franceserv.com:80

Thanks so much.

stunnel-users mailing list