[stunnel-users] How to define stunnel.conf so openvpn packet will go thru stunnel to as HTTP?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sun Jan 23 01:00:00 CET 2011

On 01/19/2011 08:29 PM, Guy Sapir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From what I read the examples in stunnel site it possible to wrap
> VPN's using Stunnel tool.
> Is it possible to do it for openvpn packets?
>
> I can configure thru the openvpn configurations that it packets will
> go thru port 80 and use TCP but the packets are not http pure. I need
> to wrap this packets using the stunnel tool.
>
> The purpose is to use openvpn over http.

stunnel is the wrong tool - it's more a "tcp over https" tool (it's
actually "tcp over ssl"...)  - and openvpn can do that natively anyway

If you have to use HTTP instead of HTTPS, then look at httptunnel
instead (I don't use it, but it looks appropriate), and run openvpn
through that

http://www.gnu.org/software/httptunnel/

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417