[stunnel-users] Confusion regarding part of stunnel.conf

Dave dave at momentumweb.com
Thu Feb 10 17:28:42 CET 2011

>  BTW, level three is not 'higher' than level two, just 'different':
>  Level two checks the certificate against a CA, while level three
>  checks it for being locally installed.

OK, I see the difference there.  I am still confused as to how I need to set
things up on the machine on which stunnel resides using my locally-generated
private key and self-signed cert.  If I set the verify level to 3 and try to
start stunnel, it won't start and says:

"Either CApath or CAfile has to be used for authentication"

If I have a self-signed cert, what needs to be in this file for things to
work?  I guess perhaps I am unsure how to locally install my cert?  I thought
it was already, as it's defined elsewhere in the config (cert = ....)?

Dave