[stunnel-users] publish/subscribe with stunnel

Dam Dam faramir_0 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:37:36 CET 2011

Hello,

I am having a problem to configure stunnel in a publish/subscribe architecture.
Basically, I have a publisher service configured with stunnel as a server. Its configuration is close to:

[publisher]
accept = p1
connect = 127.0.0.1:p2

This service publishes data to a subscriber. As far I as understood, the subscriber should be configured as a client with stunnel with a configuration close to this:

[subscriber]
accept = p3
connect = remote:p1
client = yes

Now, my problem is that the subscriber does not listen on any port. So p3 does not actually exist. When the subscriber starts, it automatically connects and subscribes to the publisher and waits for data from the publisher service. I would like to secure the connection between the publisher and the subscriber but I am stuck with the configuration. Any ideas?

Regards,
Damien