[stunnel-users] stunnel 4.50 released

Ludovic LEVET llevet at ludosoft.org
Wed Dec 7 23:51:59 CET 2011

Hi Mike,

Thank's for your quick job !

So, i have a good new and bad new.

First : Good new
It is working !

Second : Bad new
Even if i remove on my conf file 'compression = zlib' (on server and
client)  the compression is enable.
I have see that, by the cpu used by my server for the process stunnel.
With version 4.50 (on the client) with a file (500MB) to transfert (at
3.5MB to my home), the cpu of server is at 15% for the process stunnel .
With version 4.51b (on the client) with the same file at same speed take
85% of cpu for the process stunnel.

Now, to disable compression on my client with 4.51b , i rename the
zlib1.dll to zlib1.dll.bak and restart stunnel, after the same transfert
take 15% - 18% of cpu on my server  for the process stunnel .

I think that openssl enable by default compression if remote openssl
server suport it by default.

my config :

client : windows 7 64bits with stunnel 4.50 or 4.51b
server : fedora i386 with openssl-1.0.0b and stunnel 4.50 (compiled from me)

Thank's.

Ludovic.