[stunnel-users] FIPS on Win7

james.poole at rsa.com james.poole at rsa.com
Thu Dec 1 18:50:05 CET 2011

It looks like there is a known issue with FIPS running on Windows 7 from the
mail archives.  Is there something I could do to help get this fixed?  I was
planning on using stunnel to allow a FIPS compliant transmission of data
over the wire.

Win7 - 32bit Output - From the console window:

stunnel 4.49 on x86-pc-mingw32-gnu platform

Compiled/running with OpenSSL 0.9.8r-fips 8 Feb 2011

Threading:WIN32 SSL:ENGINE,FIPS Auth:none Sockets:SELECT,IPv6

Reading configuration from file stunnel.conf

FIPS_mode_set: 2D06906E: error:2D06906E:FIPS
routines:FIPS_CHECK_INCORE_FINGERPRINT:fingerprint does not match

Old Thread:

http://www.stunnel.org/pipermail/stunnel-users/2011-November/003374.html

Thanks for any help,

James