[stunnel-users] Accept connections only from local processes?

Bucci, David G david.g.bucci at lmco.com
Mon Sep 20 09:11:52 CEST 2010

Hi - I'm looking to configure Stunnel in client mode to accept connections only from the PC it's running on.  Would the config option "socket = a:SO_BINDTODEVICE=lo" accomplish that?  And would this work on Windows?  (is there a "lo" interface on Windows?)

I'm going to do some testing, but thought I'd ask in case someone already knows I'll be pounding sand.  And before anyone asks, turning on a firewall isn't an option - we don't have control of all the PCs involved.

----
David G. Bucci

Chuck Norris can kick through all 6 degrees of separation,
hitting anyone, anywhere, in the face, at any time.
                              -- ChuckNorrisFacts.com