[stunnel-users] Stunnel Certificate generation

Alaric Dailey alaricd at pengdows.com
Wed Sep 9 14:08:58 CEST 2009

You can modify your stunnel.conf, there are lots of examples on the web to do that.

Please don't use self-signed certs, you will have no end of issues, and there is NO reason to.  StartCom offers free certificates, is in most browsers now, and will be included in IE by the end of September.

So why would you create the headaches of using self-signed certs?

I would like to know whether it is possible to automate the process of
generating stunnel.pem.
During the make install we get questions like:
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
writing new private key to 'stunnel.pem'
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
Country Name (2 letter code) [PL]:

How Can i automate it or avoid these questions so that i don't have to
provide any input during make install.

Please help me if you can.

Iam using Tru64 platform.

Thanks & Regards,