[stunnel-users] Random Client Ports

Matt Keoppel matt.keoppel at cg4.com
Tue Sep 1 23:08:12 CEST 2009

We are currently trying to add Stunnel to our application.  Each time one of our clients try to connect to the server it seems to make its call from a random port.  We  have set up the server config file to be:

[OurApp]
accept = 15366
connect = 15365

The config file on our client is set up as:

client = yes

[OurApp]
accept = 1308
connect = [serverIp]:15366

The problem that we are having is that the source port on our client changes every time we try to send data from our client to our server.  So one time we send data the port will be 1308 and the next time will be 1309.  We also tried to set up multiple configurations that were configure to accept on many ports and all connecting to [serverIP]:15366.  Is there any way to get Stunnel working with our dynamic client port?

Thanks,
MK