[stunnel-users] Can't connect to Yahoo POP3

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Fri May 15 20:55:12 CEST 2009

Gary Kuznitz wrote:
> How can I get a god certificate for Stunnel to use?
> How would I set that up in Stunnel?

You don't really need a certificate for an SSL client.  Just disable it.
You rather want to setup server certificate verification with "CAfile"
and "verify".

> ; Some performance tunings
> socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
> socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

IMHO it's not a good idea for non-interactive connections, e.g. pop3.

> [pop3_DslextremeGmail]
> accept   = 127.0.0.1:11010
> connect  = pop.gmail.com:995
> delay    = yes
>
> [pop3_Yahoo]
> accept  = 127.0.0.1:11011
> connect = pop.mail.yahoo.com:995
> delay    = yes
[cut]
> 2009.05.14 15:48:12 LOG7[16278859:16041803]: SSL context initialized
> for service pop3_Docfxit_Yahoo

I guess you use a different configuration file, as pop3_Docfxit_Yahoo
is not defined in the one you sent.

Best regards,