[stunnel-users] persistent SSL connection

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Mar 16 14:56:48 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:59:16PM +0100, delaage.pierre at free.fr wrote:
> Quoting Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net>:

You might want to fix your mailer's idea of quoting, since I did not write
what you yourself wrote :)

You wrote:
> For persistent connexion, use ssh tunneling instead of stunnel.

Unless, of course, you are trying to communicate with a third-party
product that speaks SSL - if either the client or the server is not
under your control, there's no way to make them use multiplexed SSH
connections instead of SSL :)  But if it's just stunnel on both sides,
then yes, SSH tunneling may be a better choice for multiplexing, although
it has its own problems - most often related to connection keepalive,
especially if there is some kind of firewalling gateway on the path.

Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?