[stunnel-users] stunnel client connecting to host with dynamic

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Tue Feb 10 15:32:08 CET 2009

Adamson H wrote:
> I added delay = yes to my stunnel client conf file and removed the cron
> script.  The rsync job (873) failed after the IP of the stunnel host had
> changed.  I had to manually restart stunnel to get the job done and put
> the cron script back again.
> delay = yes does not with work with ddns.

That's really strange.  The relevant client.c code is:

    /* setup address_list */
    if(c->opt->option.delayed_lookup) {
                c->opt->remote_address, DEFAULT_LOOPBACK)){
            s_log(LOG_ERR, "No host resolved");
            longjmp(c->err, 1);
    } else /* use pre-resolved addresses */

Maybe you use some kind of advanced/broken resolver library that caches IP

Best regards,