[stunnel-users] Question (simple one I think)

Uffe Vedenbrant sqm at mynta.org
Wed Dec 9 17:55:17 CET 2009

On 2009-12-09 11:31, Michal Trojnara wrote:

> Reinier van der Gugten wrote:
>> Is this the right way to go? Or ca I do this using one and the same IP
>> (but then there would be 2 services listning to the same port right)?
>
> Yes, you can have different services listening on the same port number but
> different network interfaces.
>
> Most servers (including stunnel) allow to choose not only port number but
> also IP address.
>
> With stunnel you need:
> accept = <your_secondary_ip>:443

Only make sure that when you reboot your box..

Your 1'st service only accepts connections on <ip1>:443 and that your
2'nd service only accepts connections on <ip2>:443

Otherwise when you reboot you might run into the situation where you
start service #1 that that will accept connections on both IP's and that
when you start service #2 <ip2>:443 already is occupied...

It unfortunately depends on application/OS how you avoid this..;-)

Regards/Uffe