[stunnel-users] Issue resolving path to .conf using DFS and changing from "by name" to "by IP address"

Peterson, Stephen Stephen.Peterson at state.vt.us
Fri Apr 17 17:00:03 CEST 2009

We use stunnel 4.20 and encountered a problem today and hope someone may be able to provide some insight to a solution.

Our client machines are all Windows XP machines with stunnel started as a service.  Those installs of stunnel have the path to the .conf as part of the path to the executable.  The path to the .conf uses a DFS share.

Our network administrator changed our DFS share from "by name" to "by IP address" and then the client services could not resolve the location of the .conf file when the services started on the next start up of client machines.

Has anyone encountered this before and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Stephen