[stunnel-users] Bug in tools stunnel.init

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Sep 17 20:42:16 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

I've upgraded to stunnel 4.25 and found a few small bugs in the init script.

In stunnel.init.in, I'm pretty sure the DAEMON line should be
DAEMON=@prefix@/bin/stunnel
and not
DAEMON=@prefix@/etc/stunnel

Also, when the parent process is killed with stop, I see Sep 17 14:34:16 server stunnel: warning: can't get client address: Bad file descriptor because the child processes seem to stick around.

I've modified the init script to kill the main process using the pid file and then using pidof to identify and kill the remaining child processes.  Is this expected behavior?

regards,
KAM