[stunnel-users] Building STunnel 4.25 with OpenSSL 0.9.8h on Windows

Paul Coleman wizard191 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:10:52 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've recently been trying to compile STunnel for Windows, but have found so
many conflicting reports of the best way to do it on the website / other
sites, that I'm now well and truly confused!

I've got MSVS 2005, but have also tried with mingw, and cygwin - and also on
Linux using mingw32.

I'm unsure as to whether I need some Makefile.w32, whether I need to compile
OpenSSL from source, where I need to put OpenSSL libraries when they're
done, if I need to run Configure, etc etc.

I'm not looking for a complete step by step guide including 'cd to x, type
this' (although I wouldn't complain! :P), but a general poke in the right
direction would be great.

Thanks for your help,

--Paul