[stunnel-users] Help using stunnel for the first time

Ian Baxter ibaxter at cpipromo.com
Wed Sep 10 00:45:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use stunnel for the first time (on Mac OS X 10.5), and
I'm not having much luck.

First of all, I downloaded the source and installed stunnel
successfully. I then setup a config file as follows (where myhost is
the host i am connecting to):

client=yes
verify=0
[psuedo-https]
accept=1515
connect=myhost:443
TIMEOUTclose = 0

Then, I run the following on the command line:
/usr/local/bin/stunnel ./stunnel.config

It appears that stunnel runs without error, and if I do 'ps aux | grep
stunnel' there are 4 stunnel processes running.

Then, as a test, I try to connect to port 1515 from my web browser by
visiting https://localhost:1515, but it just hangs there... nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ian