[stunnel-users] Scripting stunnel to load automatically when OS X 10.5 server starts up -plist

Christopher Hunt huntc at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 5 01:37:06 CEST 2008

On 04/09/2008, at 8:00 PM, stunnel-users-request at mirt.net wrote:

> Here is my plist. I put this in /Library/LaunchDaemons. What do you
> think? --Thanks, Allen
Firstly have you considered using Lingon to maintain your plist? That
could help you.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
> ">
> <plist version="1.0">
> <dict>
>         <key>KeepAlive</key>
>         <true/>
>         <key>Label</key>
>         <string>stunnel_startup</string>
>         <key>ProgramArguments</key>
>         <array>
>                 <string>/opt/local/bin/stunnel</string>
>         </array>
>         <key>RunAtLoad</key>
>         <true/>
> </dict>
> </plist>

The most obvious thing that stands out is that you aren't supplying a
config file argument to stunnel. How's it going to locate your config
file?

You might want to check your system.log file using the Console
application and watch for messages.

You also need to use launchctl to load your plist - Lingon makes this
pretty straightforward.

Cheers,
-C