[stunnel-users] stunnel compatibility question

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Tue Jun 3 18:40:36 CEST 2008

In the neigborhood of 2008-06-03 07:58 -0400, Patel Dippen-CDP054 argued:

> Will Stunnel work for UDP data?

Stunnel only accepts TCP connections.

> We have traffic going into the Server on UDP and outbound from the Server on TCP.

You'll want an actual VPN protocol to handle that then.

Or consider using a better protocol - what you describe makes
the firewalls cry.

> My understanding is that OpenSSL implemented the DTLS protocol (TFC
> 4347: to support UDP data) in version 0.9.8 (OpenSSL: a free and popular
> implementation of TLS added support for DTLS with version 0.9.8.)

Not supported in Stunnel currently.

--
Brian Hatch                  Always yield to temptation,
   Systems and                because it may not pass

Every message PGP signed