[stunnel-users] stunnel compatibility question

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Tue Jun 3 18:40:36 CEST 2008

In the neigborhood of 2008-06-03 07:58 -0400, Patel Dippen-CDP054 argued:

> Will Stunnel work for UDP data?

Stunnel only accepts TCP connections.

> We have traffic going into the Server on UDP and outbound from the Server on TCP.

You'll want an actual VPN protocol to handle that then.

Or consider using a better protocol - what you describe makes
the firewalls cry.

> My understanding is that OpenSSL implemented the DTLS protocol (TFC
> 4347: to support UDP data) in version 0.9.8 (OpenSSL: a free and popular
> implementation of TLS added support for DTLS with version 0.9.8.)

Not supported in Stunnel currently.

Brian Hatch                  Always yield to temptation,
   Systems and                because it may not pass
   Security Engineer          your way again.

Every message PGP signed