[stunnel-users] protect the private key, while running stunnel in server mode as a windows service

sandeep siroya siroya at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:57:34 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have stunnel in server mode running as a windows service on a
Win2003 Server system.
I need to give this system to a different company for testing their
client against our server.
How do I protect my private key on stunnel, while letting the 3rd
company being able to login as administrator on stunnel's win2003
system and start/stop stunnel service?

I know one can protect the private key with a passphrase in stunnel,
but that does not serve my purpose as stunnel in this case should be
able to start/stop without any user-intervention and I cannot store
the passphrase in cleartext.

thanks ,
ss