[stunnel-users] Problem compiling win32 stunnel.exe v 4.21

butterspoon at gmail.com butterspoon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:27:15 CET 2007

On 09/12/2007, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <rodrigo at nul-unu.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 11:30:01PM +0000, Hidden wrote:
> > Okay, so I'm trying to build stunnel.exe (ver 4.21) under Debian Linux
> > 2.6.22.1 as a prelude to applying some  patches and I'm getting
> > stuck.
>
> Just to make sure I understand: You are trying to build *for* windows
> *in* Debian.

Yup, just like the documentation (INSTALL.W32) says:

  1) install mingw32 cross-compiler o a Unix/Linux machine
     (native compilation on a Windows machine is possible,
     but not supported)

[...]

  5) type "make stunnel.exe"

> You seem to be mixing up (the names of) unix libs with windows ones.

Well, something is. I'm just doing it by the book!

> Anyways, would it not be easier to compile in windows?

Anyone else here build stunnel.exe? What did you use?