[stunnel-users] (no subject)

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Sun Dec 2 07:27:45 CET 2007

About 2007-11-30 15:06 -0500, Harmon, Paul suggested:

> I hate to be a nuisance. But I encountered an
> error coming out o the Stunnel configuration in LINUX. First what does
> it mean when Stunnel is in INETD mode? Does this imply certain
> configuration restrictions and why?

inetd mode is if you don't want stunnel running as a daemon (where
stunnel opens a network port and listens on it) but instead want to
have some other process (inetd/xinetd/etc) open the network port,
accept connections, and then run individual stunnel processes for
each new connection.

In general, you don't want inetd mode.

Brian Hatch                  South Korea's got Seoul.
   Systems and
   Security Engineer

Every message PGP signed