[stunnel-users] Stunnel and CryptoApi

Marco Aldegheri listemaral at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 10:24:29 CEST 2006

Hello list!
Someone knows if there is any way to integrate a
Windows stunnel in client mode with the Windows
Certificate Store?

As OpenVPN does with the cryptoapicert parameter in my
opinion it would be very useful because:
1. the private key would not just reside in a pem file
but could be set not exportable.
2. the private key could be saved on a smartcard.

I found a japaneese wstunnel project that seems to do
it but I couldn't find any document about it in
english and the gui is only in japaneese.

Any hints?

Thank you,
Marco Aldegheri