[stunnel-users] error 1703, service already exists.

Joop Blokker jblokker at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 20 18:01:50 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm using sTunnel v4.18 under Windows XP as a client. I start the serv=
ice with sTunnel -install -quiet

If, for any reason, the same command is given again then the error mes=
sage "Create service; error 1703; the specified service already exists=
" pops up. In that case the -quiet parameter does not work. I do not w=
ant to see that error message; if the service is running then it's oka=
y.

Q:. How can I suppress that error message? If that is not an option, h=
ow can I detect that the sTunnel service is installed already?

I'm programming in PowerBASIC - I know how to detect sTunnel once it h=
as started with -start -quiet

Thanks in advance for any idea!
Joop.

+++ Too far East is West. - Proverb (English) +++