[stunnel-users] Infinite client timeout

Dario Mariani dario.mariani at sun-cs-italy.com
Wed Oct 18 11:53:40 CEST 2006

Hi all,
i'm a new user :)
I'm deploying stunnel into a big enterprise, so i have met a lot of
interesting details about Stunnel :)

I have a little problem now:
a Stunnel channel connecting BEA Weblogic -> Oracle listener.
BEA has the BIG problem of _completely locking_ when the connection goes
down: when the connection comes up again, bea doesn't work.
This is not an issue, because there's a keepalive feature that can be
activated in BEA.

In a case, we _cannot_ activate the keepalive, so we must try to keep
the BEA -> stunnel client conection open indefinitely. I think this must
apply to the other parts of the connection, but i'm not sure (if the bea
-> client connection remains active, the client then can renegotiate the
connection without bea noticing it? and the server -> oracle connection?)

Ok, i'm a little confused here :)

Can you help me with this issue?

Bye, dario.