[stunnel-users] Problem in Stunnel with too many connections

~ Kunal Sharma ~ koolkunal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:24:13 CET 2006

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your input. Here's some more info -

- I'm using Stunnel version 4.16 on Windows Server 2003 Standard. I
downloaded the binaries.

- I had logs at level 7 ON but they're HUGE so I can't attach them here.
What I can tell is that
when the server exited, there was no message logged to suggest that there
was a problem.
The server was just going through the negotiations with a client when it
died.

- Log at startup time says  "No limit detected for number of clients" .

- There are messages that say  "Connection rejected: create_client failed"
and
   "readsocket: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (10054)" but i
don't think they're doing anything to shut the server down.

I have not been able to locate where to increase the no. of max FDs on
windows. Please let
me know if you do.

I'm going through the Stunnel source code. I came across the function where
limits are set.
What I could derive is that for a windows based system there is no limit set
to FDs and clients (function get-limits in stunnel.c). Does it mean that
limits are governed by Windows settings
in this case ?

Please respond back with whatever you can help !!

Thanks n Regards,

Kunal