[stunnel-users] Static Version Built?

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Wed Mar 15 18:21:42 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 11:51, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> You have to have the SSL libs so the --with-ssl probaly just "helps"
> the configure program use the right SSL.  For example, I typically
> keep the redhat openssl rpm and use a version in /usr/local/ssl so I
> would have to do --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/ to use the libraries
> installed there instead of the "default" ones.

So it still uses libraries (or not a compiled library, but source or
headers or whatever) anyway?  If that is so, then from what I
understand, specifying would force it to be non-static and not
specifying it and using "--enable-static" and  "--disable-shared"
should produce a static binary.  Do I understand correctly?

Thanks!

Hal