[stunnel-users] Static Binaries for Linux? (Didn't get answer previously)

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Mon Mar 13 09:09:52 CET 2006

I've brought this up before and didn't get ANY answer at all, and I'm
sure someone involved with Stunnel would at least know if what I'm
asking is possible.  I know help is given on a volunteer basis, so if
someone could help me figure this out, it would be a huge help.  So far
I've spent over a week on getting Stunnel or another program to do the
job and if I can't get this to work, I need to just drop Stunnel and
figure out how to do the same thing in Java.  So thanks for any help.

I may need to include Stunnel with my application so my clients behind
restrictive firewalls can still enable me to work on their systems with
RealVNC.  I'm working with clients on both Windows and Linux.

Is there a way to get static binaries for Linux?  I don't know C or C++
or much more than running ./configure && make && make install.  I'd
like to know if it is possible or what is needed to create static
binaries of the files so I could easily install stunnel on any Linux
system by just copying over the proper files.

Also, what archive format does the Windows installer use?  I'd like to
do something similar for Windows, so if I could pull the files out of
the installer and copy them over myself, it would be a huge help.

Thanks!

Hal