[stunnel-users] Re: Can stunnel do this?

Kevin A. McGrail kevin.mcgrail at thoughtworthy.com
Tue Mar 7 01:31:56 CET 2006

This sounds like exactly what stunnel does.

You want to have host A talk to Server A via SSL so you run stunneld on
it.  Then it will redirect that connection to server B via non-SSL.
What protocol are we talking about here?

Let's assume it's https:

On Server A, setup stunnel with a conf file with these lines (as well as
many others surely)

[https]
accept  = 443
connect = serverb.smartbox.ca:80

Then your host connects to server a, negotiates SSL and the information
is sent to the other server.

I think your biggest issue is going to be the certificate on Server A so
that the Host connects to the Server without certificate issues.

Sincerely,

Kevin A. McGrail aka KAM