[stunnel-users] Patch to fix compile errors under MS Visual C++ 2005

David Gillingham dgillingham+stunnel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 23:00:44 CEST 2006

Attached is a patch for stunnel 4.15 that allows the source to be
built under Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.  Here's a rundown of what's
been changed:

In common.h, I included io.h and fcntl.h so that pty.c would build
without error.  In env.c, I included the winsock headers (replicating
how it was done for common.h), and removed a duplicate include of
sys/socket.h.  The latter change wasn't necessary for compiliation
with MSVC, but I thought I'd remove what looked like an unncessary

To get stunnel to build without warning, I defined the following
preprocessor definitions:

Later in the week, I'll post a patch to vs.mak to automate the build
process (I'm still building with a solution file at the moment).

To the stunnel developers: If there's anything extra I can do to
ensure these changes are incorporated into the next release, please
let me know.