[stunnel-users] Solaris9/Sparc runtime library problems

Dave Hinz davehinz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 00:20:22 CEST 2006

This is probably a very basic problem, but I've checked the FAQ and
googled through the mailing list's archives and I'm not seeing what
appears to be a match for this problem.  I'm completely new to
stunnel.  It built and runs just fine on one of my linux dev boxes,
but on Solaris, I can't get it to run.

Attempting to run /usr/local/sbin/stunnel, I get the following:

---begin output---
jabba% ./stunnel
ld.so.1: ./stunnel: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file
or directory
Killed
---end output---

The various debug switches to stunnel give the same output - it's
dying before anything can  be started, apparently.

libssl.so.0.9.7 is located on that box at
/usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7and other ssl functions of the
system appear to work normally.  I suspect that stunnel just doesn't
know how to find it, but I'm at a loss as to how to tell it where to
look.  Can someone suggest my next steps please?

Thank you,
Dave Hinz