[stunnel-users] stunnel version issue?

NobbyNoMates nobbynomates1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:00:45 CEST 2006

Dear all -

I am trying to set up an stunnel connection on an Ubuntu Dapper box.
This system seems to give me (stunnel -V) :

stunnel 3.26 on i486-pc-linux-gnu PTHREAD+LIBWRAP with OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct
2005

and no matter where I look. I cannot seem to find an option to specify a
config file when starting stunnel.
Unfortunately, the instructions which I have received for setting up my
(Direct Connect) client, contain such a config file which is supposed to be
needed.
It contains the following:

client  = yes
delay   = yes
output  = stunnel.log
debug   = notice
pid     = stunnel.pid

[DC Server]
connect = server.address.org:AAAAA
accept  = 127.0.0.1:BBBBB

where of course the AAAA and BBBB are port numbers.

Now I wonder if there is any way to make my stunnel version function in the
specified way without the config file? Or is there some alternative way to
specify this kind of config?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

Best regards,

Erik