[stunnel-users] https to http proxy is buggy with IE

Glen glenlist at model3.net
Thu Jan 19 22:56:47 CET 2006

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to use stunnel to do the ssl portion for the web server.
Mainly because the certificate I have is easy to setup in stunnel (was
originally created for an openssl based serer) and the web server
supports it's own propriatery cert format which I would like to avoid
having to convert to.

I have it working fine with all browsers except for the buggy Internet
Explorer.  With internet explorer anything requiring a page redirect
fails (from viewing the logs it appears the socket gets closed before
the redirect is finished resulting in a blank page being sent to the
browser.

I have tried the TIMEOUTclose = 0 but that hasn't helped.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Glen