[stunnel-users] Client setup

Ting tingchar at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Feb 21 05:56:14 CET 2006

Hello all,

  Wonder if anybody could advise. I have a client tn3270 application running on Solaris 2.8. Currently, it is using clear text to communicate with tn3270 server.
  Now, I need to run tn3270 with SSL.

  If I install stunnel in the Solaris 2.8 box to act as a wrapper.

  1. Do I run the stunnel as a client only ?
  Is the command:
  stunnel -c -d <port1> -r <tn3270server>:<port2>

  a.  Is port1 the original port where client tn3270 application sends to server ?

  b. Is port2 the same as port1 ?

  c. Alternatively, am I supposed to change the client tn3270 application to direct the data to a new port X, then port1 = X, while port2 is the port where the server is listening on.

  Thank you in advance.

  Warm Regards,
  TW