[stunnel-users] Windows config with both SSL listen and non-SSL listen

Paul Hethmon Paul.Hethmon at callclareity.com
Wed Dec 7 14:50:22 CET 2005

I'm trying to set up using the Windows service the ability to listen in
SSL mode on one port (5102) and forward to non-SSL port (5010) and then
also listen on one port (5101) in non-SSL mode and forward to a remote
port (5102) in SSL mode. What I have currently in the config is:

[inbound]
accept = 5102
connect = 5010

[outbound]
accept = 5101
connect = x.x.x.x:5102

The first STunnel example on the website talks about doing this, sort
of, but I don't see any options to specify on a service configuration
level whether the listen port is in SSL or non-SSL mode. The use of a
service name like [pop3] vs [pop3s] seems to imply a difference, but
I've got a custom application I'm trying to tunnel two way, not a
standard IETF service.

A perusal of the last year's mailing list archives didn't yield
anything. I guess the next step is to look at the source and see if it's
supported unless someone here can tell me one way or the other. If it's
not supported, I guess I'll add it in.

thanks,

Paul

Paul Hethmon
Senior Engineer
Clareity(tm) Security
SAFEMLS(tm) Security Education, Consulting and Solutions
http://www.SAFEMLS.com <http://www.safemls.com/>
paul.hethmon at callclareity.com
work: 865.671.6630
cell: 865.250.3517