[stunnel-users] TIMEOUTclose

Joe Abbey joe.abbey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 00:00:40 CEST 2005

I have been having issues getting Entourage to connect with my mail server
over POP3S.  Entourage will connect, communicate, and then hangs for 60
seconds. According to tcpdumps, Entourage appears to hang until a timeout.
Connecting directly to the pop3 daemon, bypassing stunnel, there is no lag.
Therefore something appears to be wrond with the stunnel/Entourage

To get Entourage to work with POP3S and have virtually no lag, I've set in
my stunnel.conf TIMEOUTclose = 2 for [pop3s].

Is there any reason not to set TIMEOUTclose = 0?