[stunnel-users] permanent tunnel

Ramin Dousti ramin at cannon.eng.us.uu.net
Fri Oct 29 17:12:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'd like to set up an stunnel between two hosts which currently talk to
each other unencrypted. The communication between these two hosts is
HTTP and sporadic. What I'd like to achieve is a permanent stunnel
between the hosts regardless of their communiucation pattern. Is this
possible? And if yes, how?

The current setup utilizes stunnel in server mode on the server side
and stunnel in client mode on the client side. When a client issues
a request, I see that an SSL tunnel is set up between the hosts and
after the reception of the reply, the SSL tunnel is torn down. So,
the question is, how can I nail down the SSL tunnel to be permanent?

Thank you in advance,
Ramin