[stunnel-users] New feature

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Thu Oct 14 17:29:40 CEST 2004

> New line in stunnel 4.06 ChangeLog:
> - Multiple connect=host:port options are allowed in a single service
> section.  Remote hosts are connected using round-robin algorithm.
>
> What do you think?

Same could be achieved via round-robin dns, where 'mail.example.com'
has multiple IP addresses (assuming you delay DNS checks rather
than caching it the first time.)

But that assumes you have control of a DNS server so you
can do this if you wanted to load balance between mail.example.com
and pop.example.net.  Using your own dns you can do this, but
if you don't have a DNS server you control, your proposed change
would do the trick.

So I say "if it doesn't add to the code complexity or add security
problems, by all means.

--
Brian Hatch                  "When you say 'Windows' and
   Systems and                'cluster' next to each other,

Every message PGP signed