[stunnel-users] New feature

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Thu Oct 14 17:29:40 CEST 2004

> New line in stunnel 4.06 ChangeLog:
> - Multiple connect=host:port options are allowed in a single service
> section.  Remote hosts are connected using round-robin algorithm.
> What do you think?

Same could be achieved via round-robin dns, where 'mail.example.com'
has multiple IP addresses (assuming you delay DNS checks rather
than caching it the first time.)

But that assumes you have control of a DNS server so you
can do this if you wanted to load balance between mail.example.com
and pop.example.net.  Using your own dns you can do this, but
if you don't have a DNS server you control, your proposed change
would do the trick.

So I say "if it doesn't add to the code complexity or add security
problems, by all means.

Brian Hatch                  "When you say 'Windows' and
   Systems and                'cluster' next to each other,
   Security Engineer          you missed a word at the end."
http://www.ifokr.org/bri/    --Jon

Every message PGP signed