[stunnel-users] always open VPN channel

Chet Harvey chet at pittech.com
Mon Nov 15 21:31:18 CET 2004

I think I get what you are trying to do...sounds like access a work PC via VNC
from your home PC. Much like a VPN.

You could simply implement a true VPN or to go the stunnel route you need to do
the following:

At work:

Open the specified port you will use for your tunnel on the firewall.

NAT the port request to the work PC to port 6000 (or whatever you wanna use for
VNC)

Install stunnel in server mode on the work PC

At home:

Install stunnel as client on the home PC.

That should do it......

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311