[stunnel-users] Stunnel 4.06 released
Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Sun Dec 26 00:52:58 CET 2004
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Here is the ChangeLog entry:
Version 4.06, 2004.12.26, urgency: LOW:
* New feature sponsored by SURFnet http://www.surfnet.nl/
- IPv6 support (to be enabled with ./configure --enable-ipv6).
* New features
- poll() support - no more FD_SETSIZE limit!
- Multiple connect=host:port options are allowed in a single service
section. Remote hosts are connected using round-robin algorithm.
This feature is not compatible with delayed resolver.
- New 'compression' option to enable compression. To use zlib
algorithm you have to enable it when building OpenSSL library.
- New 'engine' option to select a hardware engine.
- New 'TIMEOUTconnect' option with 10 seconds default added.
- stunnel3 perl script to emulate version 3.x command line options.
- French manual updated by Bernard Choppy <choppy AT free POINT fr>.
- A watchdog to detect transfer() infinite loops added.
- Configuration file comment character changed from '#' to ';'.
'#' will still be recognized to keep compatibility.
- MT-safe getaddrinfo() and getnameinfo() are used where available
to get better performance on resolver calls.
- Automake upgraded from 1.4-p4 to 1.7.9.
- log() changed to s_log() to avoid conflicts on some systems.
- Common CRIT_INET critical section introduced instead of separate
CRIT_NTOA and CRIT_RESOLVER to avoid potential problems with
libwrap (TCP Wrappers) library.
- CreateThread() finally replaced with _beginthread() on Win32.
- make install creates $(localstatedir)/stunnel.
$(localstatedir)/stunnel/dev/zero is also created on Solaris.
- Race condition with client session cache fixed.
- Other minor bugfixes.
* Release notes
- Win32 port requires Winsock2 to work.
Some Win95 systems may need a free update from Microsoft.
- Default is *not* to use IPv6 '::' for accept and '::1' for
connect. For example to accept pop3s on IPv6 you could use:
'accept = :::995'. I hope the new syntax is clear enough.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the stunnel-users